Cataraqui Conservation COVID-19 Response
Cataraqui Conservation is committed to supporting municipalities, partners, and our community during this time of changing health concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic. We support the messages from Public Health, the Province, and member Municipalities and encourage residents practice physical distancing and stay safe in our community. The health and safety of our clients, staff, and community is of the utmost importance. Following the advice of Public Health we have made the following changes to our operations and programming.
- The Cataraqui Conservation Administration office is closed to the public until further notice (1641 Perth Rd. Glenburnie)
- In person meetings and scheduled events at the Admin Office have been cancelled or moved online.
- Staff are working remotely and are available during regular business hours via email or phone (8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday).
- We continue to monitor the situation check back for updates.
Conservation Area and Trails
- Conservation areas and trails are open.
- The Outdoor Centre at Little Cataraqui Creek CA is open Monday to Friday and on weekends starting October 2, 2021 - 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Face coverings must be worn at all times when inside the Outdoor Centre. Proof of vaccination must be shown for meeting and event spaces as per Provincial Regulations. For further information please call 613-546-4228 ext. 222
- All trail users must practice physical distancing of two metres between yourself and others, both on the trails and in parking areas.
- All visitors must refrain from gathering in large groups and follow provincial regulations around numbers.
- All conservation area amenities (touch points) remain closed, that includes privies and change rooms.
- Please be kind and act responsibly.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times, please stoop and scoop.
- Leave no trace, pack in and pack out all garbage.
- Education programs at Mac Johnson Wildlife Area have been suspended until further notice. Contact email@example.com for further details and questions.
- Education programs at Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area, in-school yard and virtual programs are ready to take your bookings. Visit our education page for details.
Planning and Permitting Services
- Planning and permitting services are still available and are being conducted over the phone or via email.
- Permits and other hard copy documents can be dropped off by appointment at the Administration Office in the mail slot or parcel bin at the front door.
- Payments for permits can be taken over the phone with a credit card. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange payment or leave a message at 613-546-4228 ext. 220.
- Site visit and inspection will only be conducted without any other person on site. Should anyone be onsite during visits, we ask they they remain inside their home or vehicles and that they speak to staff on the phone during the visit.
Flood Forecasting and Warning
- Flood Forecasting and Warning staff continue to monitor flows and conduct dam operations.
Full Authority Board Meetings
- Board meetings will be held online with dates, agendas, and minutes available on our board meeting page.
- Meetings are open to the public, except if the subject matter being considered is in close session. Members of the public are welcome to join the meetings by registering with Donna Campbell 24 hours prior to the meeting. Contact email@example.com.
Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington Public Health – https://www.kflaph.ca/en/healthy-living/novel-coronavirus.aspx
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit – https://healthunit.org/coronavirus/
Government Of Canada – www.canada.ca/coronavirus
Ontario – https://covid-19.ontario.ca/