For over 30 years, area children have been able to experience the diverse wonders of nature in a safe, fun, hands-on manner as part of Cataraqui Conservation’s Nature Explorers Summer Day Camp at Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area in Kingston. Your kids will be enjoying themselves so much that they won’t even realize how much they are learning about plants, animals, conservation and the environment.
Spending a week on an adventure at one of our Nature Camp weeks is more than just a way to occupy children during their summer vacation, it is a way to get them to ‘unplug’ from their electronic world and engage with nature on a deeper and more profound level. Camp provides a series of unique wilderness experiences that will foster in them a sense of wonderment and curiosity and perhaps inspire new forms of creativity or even future career aspirations.
Camp takes place at the Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area, which is composed of lush forests, meadows, wetlands and trails with an abundance of wildlife and vegetation to explore. Campers have the chance to truly be kids, and explore the forests in a way that allows for a certain amount of freedom, while still focusing on exciting new core activities such as building shelters and tracking animals. Campers will visit Gould Lake Conservation Area two days in the session where they will be supervised by a certified lifeguard. They will get to enjoy the cool waters of Gould Lake and the biodiversity of beings at this wilderness gem.
Our camp supervisor and two camp instructors are fully trained, eminently qualified and experienced. They have a passion for inspiring and fueling a love for nature in children and are dedicated to creating a safe, fun and learning environment for all campers. There is generally a ratio of one instructor for every 10 campers and all staff have first aid certification and carry first aid kits with them on all outings. The camps are designed for kids ages 6 to 10 with a maximum of 20 campers per week.
Fees, Location & Times:
- 2023 pricing $225.00 per child $185 for short weeks due to the holiday Monday
- For ages 6 to 10
- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area - Outdoor Centre. 1641 Perth Rd. Kingston.
- Cancellation Policy & Refunds: you have five business days (Monday to Friday - 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM) before the start date of camp to cancel your booking and receive a full refund. Refunds requested within less than five business days will be less 25%. If for you child falls ill (COVID) during camp and they can't continue for the full week (5 days), a refund will be proceeds for the days missed less 25%.
Maximum of one week of camp per child. Registration is on a first come first served bases through our online booking form.
Registration is closed. Please call 613-546-4228 ext. 222 to be put on a wait list or see about cancellations.
Registration opens March 1 at 12:00 (noon).
- Week One - July 10 to 14
- Week Two - July 17 to 21
- Week Three - July 24 to 28
- Week Four - July 31 to August 4
- Week Five - August 8 to 11 (short week due to holiday Monday)
- Week Six - August 14 to 18