Full Authority Board & Governance
A Conservation Authority is managed by board members appointed by the municipalities within its jurisdiction. It is the board members responsibility to represent the views of the citizens within their respective municipalities. In this way, local input into the activities, operations and projects of the Authority is provided. Cataraqui Conservation has 17 board members appointed by the councils of the 11 municipalities that lie either wholly or partly within the Cataraqui watershed.
Full Authority Board meeting agendas, reports, and minutes
Board meetings notices, yearly schedule, agendas reports, and minutes are available on the Full Authority Board Meeting page. The board meets monthly, usually the fourth Wednesday of the month.
Legislation, regulations and Cataraqui Conservation By-laws:
- Order In Council
- Administration By-Law Rev. 4 (Dec. 08, 2021)
- Member Code of Conduct
- Member Conflict of Interest Policy
- Dec. 28, 2022 - Minister's direction for conservation authorities regarding fee changes associated with planning, development and permitting fees.
- Dec. 28, 2022 - Policy: Minister's list of classes of programs and services in respect of which conservation authorities may charge a fee.
Signed Memorandums of Understanding with member municipalities:
- Town of Gananoque - Service Level Agreement (Land Use Planning & Review Services)
- Current planning & permit municipal service agreements
Conservation Authorities Act Implementation Documents
- Transition Plan - December 08, 2021
- Programs & Services Inventory Version 1 - February 23, 2022
- Programs & Services Inventory Version 2 - September 28, 2022
Budget and Financials
The Cataraqui Conservation Board approves the budget, capital forecast, fee schedule and audited financial statements on an annual basis. The following documents can be found on our Budget and Financials page:
- Operating Budget
- Municipal Levies
- Fee Schedules & Fee Policy
- Capital Forecast
- Audited Financial Statements
Strategic Plans & Annual Metrics Reports
- Cataraqui to 2022 Strategic Plan
- Programs & Services - Annual Metrics: 2018, 2019, 2020