Conservation Area Rules & Regulations
Help us protect our conservation areas and make sure all visitors have an enjoyable experience.
- Conservation Areas are open during daylight hours only.
- No camping or overnight parking.
- Dogs must be on a leash and under control at all times. This is for the safety of your dog and consideration of our visitors and for the wildlife that lives in our conservation areas. Free-running dogs can be intimidating to other visitors and can also chase and disturb wildlife. They can also have unpleasant encounters with other dogs or with wildlife such as skunks and porcupines.
- Dogs are not permitted at beach areas.
- Please stoop and scoop and dispose of waste properly.
- Do not litter. Pack it in and pack it out - leave only footprints, take only photos.
- No off trail use, stay on the marked trails. This helps prevent damage to sensitive areas and soil erosion. Do not walk of trail, we are trying to encourage natural regeneration of the forest.
- Do not damage, disturb, or remove any structure, rock, plant, animal, or other property, living or dead. Picking or digging up wildflowers or other plants is prohibited.
- No fires, hunting or alcohol.
- No ATV or motorized vehicles are permitted on trails.
- Cycle only on the designated cycling trails. Our other trails are too narrow to accommodate both walking and cycling.
- Please do not leave food for the wildlife. They have all they need in the forests of our conservation areas.
- Releasing animals for your back yard or property into a conservation areas is prohibited.