Cataraqui Conservation has a position available for a Program Attendant at the Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area on Perth Road (Division Street) in Kingston.
Hours and Days of Work:
- Seasonal position from the end of September 2022 to end of March 2023
- Up to 16 hours per week (more hours during the Winter and Spring holidays)
- Working weekends, some evenings, holidays, and March Break
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide excellent customer service to all visitors to the Outdoor Centre and Conservation Area. Accurately handle all sales and related activities within a team environment. Staff will alternate between gate, snack bar or ski rentals.
Additional duties will include:
- Inform the public of Cataraqui Conservation programs, fees, rules, and regulations etc.
- Aid in the preparation of food and drinks
- Assist visitors with ski and snowshoe rentals
- Efficiently operate a point of sale system and handle cash
- Assist in the cleaning of facility
- Previous retail sales experience with an excellent customer service record
- Experience in operating a point of sale system
- Ability to work in a team environment and with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel, Internet, and e-mail software
- Must have own reliable transportation to the job site
- Food Handling Training and Service Excellence Certification an asset.
Hourly Wage: $14.60 to $15.50 per hour (2022 rate); dependent on experience.
Please forward cover letter, resume and references (PDF copy only) by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Wednesday September 21, 2022 to:
Dianne Doyle, Coordinator Little Cataraqui Creek E-mail: email@example.com
** Please include job title and your name in subject line**
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Cataraqui Conservation is an equal opportunity employer. Interview accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.