Cataraqui Conservation has initiated a review and update to our regulatory guidelines document: Guidelines for implementing Ontario Regulation 148/06. The review is part of our five year update process and information on the update and processes so far can be found below. Staff will be updating this page as milestones are completed with further information for watershed residents. To be notified of further updates please sign up for our mailing list in the footer of this page under "stay connected".
As of February staff continue to work towards an update of the Guidelines. The Province of Ontario recently announced changes to current Conservation Authority regulations. These changes have been anticipated and are mainly administrative in nature. However, in order to be consistent with other Conservation Authorities in the Province, there will be a further delay in finalizing the Guidelines update at this time. We expect to update on progress in spring/summer 2024.
In the fall of 2022 we hit pause on the Guidelines update until the spring of 2023 to allow for further consideration of the large volume of public and stakeholder feedback received in the last summer and fall of 2022. We are now in a position to move forward with the update process. Specifically, we are preparing a number of further revisions to the Guidelines in direct response to comments received and adding further clarifications where needed. In the coming months we will look to have a second round of consultation, pending any provincial changes.
- Written Comment Period, July 4-29 (CLOSED). Original draft documents can be viewed below.
- Regulation Guidelines Engagement Session, Sept. 15. The engagement session was held virtually and the recording can be viewed below.
- Status report going to the Full Authority Board at the Oct. 26 board meeting. Agenda package with report (under Committee Reports, Planning & Permit Ad Hoc Committee (PPAHC)) will be posted on our Board Meetings Page one week prior to the meeting. This report will update Members on the comments received during the written comment period, the engagement session, and progress so far.
2022 Public Consultation – Regulation Guidelines Engagement Session
Date: Thursday September 15, 2022
Time: 6:45 PM
Location: Virtual – Microsoft Teams
Cataraqui Conservation staff hosted a virtual engagement session to discuss the five-year update to our Guidelines for Implementing Ontario Regulation 148/06: Development, Interference with Wetlands, and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses under Section 28 of the Conservation Authorities Act. During the session staff provided further details on the Guideline Updates, further clarification on key areas, and facilitated a Q&A session.
2022 Public Consultation – written comment period – CLOSED (July 4-29, 2022)
Cataraqui Conservation has initiated its five year review and update to our regulatory guidelines document: Guidelines for Implementing Ontario Regulation 148/06 (Guidelines). As part of this process we are seeking input from the public and stakeholders.
Please review the documents listed below and written comments can be submitted during the comment period listed above by filling out the form on this page.
- Cataraqui Conservation Permitting Policy Updates - Explanatory Document
- Current Guideline for Implementing Ontario Regulation 148/06
For convenience, tables have been created showing proposed changes to the Guidelines Document. For the Substantive Revisions Table, additions are highlighted in green and deletions are highlighted in yellow.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or trouble with the files.
- Cataraqui Conservation Permitting Information
- Conservation Authorities Act
- Ontario Regulation 148/06
- Conservation Ontario